Home Staging in Every Season – use a PODS container to pack up things in your home to de-clutter. It’s proven that staged homes sell faster!
How is a PODS container moved?
The PODS delivery truck is equipped with a patented hydraulic lift system, PODZILLA, designed to keep your belongings level and reduce the shifting of your contents while the container is loaded onto and off the truck. It securely transports the PODS container to and from your location.
How long do I have to load or unload the container?
PODS allows you to pack your PODS container at your leisure. There are no deadlines; you move when you are ready.
Do you pick up and deliver on weekends?
We are open Monday through Saturday – closed on Sundays. We recognize the need to offer loading and unloading flexibility; thus, we don’t limit the time a PODS container can stay on your property.
How does PODS prevent my contents from being damaged during the move?
Our professional drivers are experts at transporting our PODS containers. The use of PODZILLA minimizes the possibility of shifting or damage while the container is loaded onto and off the truck. PODS also offers a variety of packing supplies and a comprehensive content-protection program.
How much clearance do I need to place a container at my house or apartment?
To place a PODS container on your property, we need a clearance of 12 feet in width and 15 feet in height with no steep inclines, low branches, or wires.
How do I find out about my local regulations?
PODS will inform you of any regulation that we are aware of. If we don’t have information for your area, a quick Internet search of your city’s website should provide you with the needed information.
Do I have to be there when you deliver?
No, although we recommend that someone be present, if possible. Our deliveries and pickups may occur at any time after 7 a.m. local time. The customer is responsible for ensuring that there is adequate clearance and accessibility for the desired location of the container. If you don’t plan to be there, we just ask you are available by telephone in case our delivery specialists have any questions about where you’d like your PODS container placed
With the official start of Spring tomorrow – warmer weather, longer days, and the desire to start fresh is in the air. PODS allows for an easy, stress free way to help your Spring cleaning go smoothly and also lets you take your time so you don’t have to devote your ENTIRE weekend to cleaning up.
The PODS container can sit on your property, in your driveway while you sort through what’s worth keeping, what can be donated, and what needs to find its way to the trash. Make it easy on yourself, load what you want to keep or what you want to give away in the container. Having a secure, covered space to help you sort through and clean is an ideal situation.
Just another way to use PODS – the best moving and storage idea ever.
The PODS service is certainly no one trick pony! There are many different uses and ways that you can use PODS containers to make your moving, storage, cleanup, restoration situations much easier on yourself. Here are 5 ways our customers are using PODS containers – think outside the box!
1. Donation collection: As you’ve probably read here on the blog, PODS of Columbia is locally owned and operated. We live here in the community and the community is very important to us. Many organizations have used PODS containers to help with all kinds of collection projects. If you are in need of a container and are a non-profit, don’t hesitate to reach out to us, if we can, we’d love to help!
2. Restoration Projects: Unfortunately, things happen like burst pipes, fallen trees, fire damage. In these situations, we are usually able to expedite delivery of a container, quickly and professionally, so you can make sure your belongings that matter are safe while you focus on cleaning up the issues.
3. Help, my garage or attic needs cleaning! Having a PODS container makes a daunting project like cleaning out your attic or garage, MUCH easier. Let’s face it, things accumulate over time – nothing wrong with that! It’s a great exercise to clean things out though and get rid or donate items you just don’t need anymore. Many customers will have a PODS container delivered to their driveway so they can effectively sort through what is needed and what should be given up!
4. My House Sold Quicker Than I thought! Now this is a good problem to have, right??? You still need a solution that will allow you to move out of the house you sold while you find or close on a new place. We have a secure storage center where we can store your PODS container, indoors, so it is safe and protected from the elements while you focus on finding your new home.
5. I’m relocating but I’m not sure where yet: This happens often for our customers and PODS provides a perfect solutions. With locations all over the country, chances are, we can move your container wherever you might be going. Pack up once, we’ll safely store your belongings and then once you find out where you’ll be headed, we can have your container delivered there. How easy is that?!